18 Jun What’s New with Structured Data and Markup?
I am simply again from Seattle, the place I had the pleasure of talking at one more offered out SMX Advanced.
The matter of my speak was “What’s New with Markup and Structured Data”, the place I reviewed latest search engine-facing adjustments related to structured knowledge, structured knowledge markup, information bases and different features of semantic search. When I say “recent” I imply the previous 12 months or so, with an emphasis on developments in the previous few months (and specifically Google’s May 2016 replace, which I lined in some element within the publish previous this one).
The presentation deck embedded on the backside of this publish is (hopefully) self-explanatory, so I will not go into element about what you may learn there, however listed here are the most important matter areas I lined.
- Just what is structured knowledge?
- Why schema.org performs such a big function in structured knowledge markup for serps
- Structured knowledge utilized by distributed content material techniques (Facebook Instant Articles, Apple News, Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP))
- The introduction of Google wealthy outcomes and wealthy playing cards
- Rich card previews and different adjustments to the Google Structured Data Testing Tool
- The rise of JSON-LD as Google’s most well-liked syntax for schema.org
- Structured knowledge for ecommerce, together with the GS1 Web Vocabulary
- schema.org extensions
- The altering information base panorama (Freebase, Wikidata, Wikipedia, the Google Knowledge Graph, and the Knowledge Graph Search API)
Aside from this, I am going to notice that in preparation for this presentation I created a publically-accessible Google Sheet that, for every of the objects I mentioned, supplies the function announcement and efficient dates, the announcement URL, reference URLs and dialogue URLs.
This is a desk I intend to maintain up to date, so please let me know in the event you spot any omissions or errors.