17 Jun Tor 7, Designing Depth, And Mac Ransomare – Smashing Magazine
You know, we use ad-blockers as nicely.
We gotta preserve these servers operating although. Did you recognize that we publish
useful books and run
friendly conferences — crafted for execs like your self?
E.g. our upcoming SmashingConf New York, devoted to sensible front-end
methods and design patterns.
Design is some of the controversial issues in our business. There are barely any redesigns that aren’t mentioned closely locally. Changing a well-working design is even tougher as folks are likely to dislike something new, but when we give them a little bit of time, they could begin to see issues from a unique perspective.
Instead of following what everybody else is doing, we shouldn’t hesitate to go away the crushed tracks when designing — by making a contrast-rich, deep design with out utilizing drop shadows, for instance. Whatever you do, make sure you discover new choices at any time when you’ll be able to.
Further Reading on SmashingMagazine: Link
- Chrome 60 beta is available5 and brings us the Paint Timing API, CSS’
font-displayproperty, the Web Budget API, and Credential Management API enhancements.
- Firefox 54 is out6 — and, because of a brand new multi-process structure, with large efficiency enhancements. The replace additionally brings7 us the brand new Web Extension APIs in addition to CSS clip-path enhancements with primary shapes.
- A brand new model of Tor Browser was launched, too: Tor Browser 7.08. The new model is predicated on Firefox 52 ESR and, thus, has multi-process mode and sandboxing on Linux and macOS (Windows coming quickly) enabled.
Concept & Design Link
- Patrick Wardle discovered proof that there’s a macOS ransomware spreading and wrote up the key facts about it17. This exhibits that the Mac platform is rising and attackers begin concentrating on customers as nicely. Better be secure and have a legitimate, usable backup.
Work & Life Link
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/12/the-good-the-bad-and-the-great-examples-of-web-typography/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2017/02/shadows-blur-effects-user-interface-design/
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/11/define-your-process-master-time-gain-clarity-take-control/
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/10/maximize-your-creative-energy/
- 5 https://blog.chromium.org/2017/06/chrome-60-beta-paint-timing-api-css.html
- 6 https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/06/firefox-54-e10s-webextension-apis-css-clip-path/
- 7 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox/Releases/54
- 8 https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-browser-70-released
- 9 https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/06/firefox-54-e10s-webextension-apis-css-clip-path/
- 10 https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/06/firefox-54-e10s-webextension-apis-css-clip-path/
- 11 https://hacks.mozilla.org/2017/06/firefox-54-e10s-webextension-apis-css-clip-path/
- 12 https://betterwebtype.com/
- 13 http://scottjensen.design/2017/05/out-of-the-dropshadows/
- 14 http://scottjensen.design/2017/05/out-of-the-dropshadows/
- 15 http://scottjensen.design/2017/05/out-of-the-dropshadows/
- 16 http://scottjensen.design/2017/05/out-of-the-dropshadows/
- 17 https://objective-see.com/blog/blog_0x1E.html
- 18 http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20170612-why-you-should-manage-your-energy-not-your-time