25 Jun Structured Approach To Testing Increased This Insurance Provider’s Conversions By 30% – VWO Blog
CORGI HomePlan supplies boiler and residential cowl insurance coverage in Great Britain. It affords numerous insurance coverage insurance policies and an annual boiler service. Its predominant worth proposition is that it guarantees “peace of mind” to clients. It ensures that if something goes fallacious, it’ll be mounted shortly and gained’t price something additional over the month-to-month funds.
CORGI’s core promoting factors weren’t being communicated clearly all through the web site. Insurance is a hyper-competitive trade and most clients evaluate different suppliers earlier than taking a choice. After analyzing its information, CORGI noticed that there was a chance to enhance conversions and scale back drop-offs at main factors all through the person journey. To assist resolve that downside, CORGI employed Worship Digital, a conversion optimization company.
Lee Preston, a conversion optimization marketing consultant at Worship Digital, analyzed CORGI’s present Google Analytics information, carried out person testing and heuristic evaluation, and used VWO to run surveys and scrollmaps. After conducting qualitative and quantitative evaluation, Lee discovered that:
- Users had been skeptical of CORGI’s competitors, believing they weren’t clear sufficient. Part of CORGI’s worth proposition is that it doesn’t have any hidden charges so conveying this to customers may assist persuade them to purchase.
- On analyzing the scrollmap outcomes, it was discovered that solely round a 3rd of cellular customers scrolled down sufficient to see the worth proposition on the backside of the product pages.
- They ran surveys for customers and requested, “Did you look elsewhere before visiting this site? (If so, where?)” More than 70% of respondents had seemed elsewhere.
- They ran one other survey and requested customers what they care about most; 18% of customers stated “fast service” whereas one other 12% stated “reliability”.
This is how CORGI’s house web page initially seemed:
After compiling all these observations, Lee and his staff distilled it down to 1 speculation:
CORGI’s core options weren’t being communicated correctly. Displaying these extra clearly on the house web page, all through the comparability journey, and the checkout may encourage extra customers to enroll moderately than choosing a competitor.
Lee provides, “Throughout our user research with CORGI, we found that visitors weren’t fully exposed to the key selling points of the service. This information was available on different pages on the site, but was not present on the pages comprising the main conversion journey.”
Worship Digital first determined to place this speculation to check on the house web page.
“We hypothesized that adding a USP bar below the header would mean 100% of visitors would be exposed to these anxiety-reducing features, therefore, improving motivation and increasing the user conversion rate,” Lee stated.
This is how the variation seemed.
The variation carried out higher than the management throughout all units and majority of person sorts. The variation elevated the conversions by 30.9%.
“We were very happy that this A/B test validated our research-driven hypothesis. We loved how we didn’t have to buy some other tool for running heatmaps and scrollmaps for our visitor behavior experiment,” Lee added.
Conversion optimization is a steady course of at CORGI. Lee has been continuously operating new experiments and gathering deep understanding in regards to the insurance coverage supplier’s guests. For the subsequent part of testing, he plans to:
- Improve the usability of the product evaluating characteristic.
- Identify and repair leaks throughout the checkout course of.
- Make complicated product pages simpler to digest.
“Sareno Web & Search Engine Marketing Solutions”
“A Digital Marketing Agency in Philippines. We provide quality output with the best price in the market. Contact us today and get a FREE Consultation.”