27 Jun Facebook Is Worth $400 Billion and Just Getting Started
PNR: This Old Marketing with Joe Pulizzi and Robert Rose will be discovered on each iTunes and Stitcher. If you get pleasure from our present, we might like it in the event you would fee it or put up a overview on iTunes.
In this week’s episode
Robert ponders whether or not our jobs are what we signed up for – and what we are able to do about it. On the information entrance, we overview the highest U.S. media traits, together with what could also be in retailer for native newspapers, tv, and Facebook. We additionally discover Edison Research’s new findings on Facebook’s smartphone domination, and some present alternatives in podcasting. Our rants and raves embody last-click attribution and Walkers Crisps; then we wrap up with an instance of the week from Williams Sonoma.
Download this week’s PNR: This Old Marketing podcast
Content love from our sponsor: Brightcove (38:16)
Brightcove – The science of social video: With eight in 10 shoppers participating with manufacturers on social media, and three in 4 shoppers linking social video viewing to buying selections, we look at how manufacturers can take advantage of this chance. Download your copy of The Science of Social Video to learn to flip social video views into worth.
- (00:01): An promoting blast from the previous: “Use Paper Mate pens”
- (00:25): Robert muses on this week’s theme: What did you join, and what’s going to you join subsequent?
- (05:00): Welcome to episode 185: Recorded dwell on May 28, 2017 (Running time: 1:03:12)
- (19:19): A bonus supply from our episode sponsor, VideoBlocks: VideoBlocks is an reasonably priced, subscription-based inventory media website that offers you limitless entry to premium inventory footage. Its sister website, AudioBlocks, has a 100,000+ library of music tracks, sound results, and loops to enrich your movies.
VideoBlocks has one of many fastest-growing, largest inventory video libraries, with over three million movies, After Effects templates, and movement backgrounds. This contains their contributor market that offers 100% of the fee again to the artists and passes the financial savings on to you! This month, VideoBlocks is launching its newest assortment: Creator to Creator. With greater than 1,000 inventive and inventive life-style clips to select from, VideoBlocks is that includes movies and music from creators identical to you to your subsequent mission. And don’t overlook: Downloads are yours perpetually, even after your trial ends, and are 100% royalty free.
Sign up now for our two-for-one deal: You’ll get AudioBlocks free of charge if you join your $149 VideoBlocks subscription in the present day. That’s a $100 low cost on limitless downloads of each video and audio clips, out there solely to PNR listeners.
The PNR perspective on notable information and traits
- (12:10): Top U.S. media traits content material entrepreneurs ought to be maintaining a tally of. (Source: theMediaBriefing)
- (28:40): Research reveals new insights on social sharing within the cellular world. (Source: Edison Research)
Rants and raves
- (41:03): Robert’s rave: Content entrepreneurs can take a lesson from the best way Reebok’s newsroom is mastering the viral artwork of reactive model storytelling. (Source: NewsWhip)
- (43:10): Robert’s commentary: Will Google conquer entrepreneurs’ obsession with last-click attribution, or will its proposed answer simply trigger extra confusion for our trade to take care of? (Source: AdvertisingAge)
- (46:43): Joe’s rant No. 1: Trolls hijack a selfie-based sweepstakes marketing campaign from a significant U.Ok. snack firm. The model responded swiftly, however shouldn’t it have seen this coming within the first place? (Sources: CNN)
- (50:40): Joe’s rant No. 2: Airbnb’s goals for its post-Pineapple print publication don’t appear to mix properly with publishing associate Hearst’s concept of what it means to style success. (Source: theMediaBriefing)
This Old Marketing instance of the week
- (53:30): Williams Sonoma: Robert digs into the publishing historical past of the culinary content material chief, discovering the origins of the theater-like expertise the model presently supplies by way of the content material it shares on its Taste weblog, in addition to by way of in-store demonstrations, and cooking lessons. As Robert discovered by way of his analysis, the corporate’s content material efforts – previous and current – function a related This Old Marketing instance of the best way to construct a mouth-watering luxurious model by way of media.
For a full listing of PNR archives, go to the primary This Old Marketing web page.
Cover picture by Joseph Kalinowski/Content Marketing Institute
How do I subscribe?
“Sareno Web & Search Engine Marketing Solutions”
“A Digital Marketing Agency in Philippines. We provide quality output with the best price in the market. Contact us today and get a FREE Consultation.”